Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday, July 16th was an okay day for boys. Calvin had an appointment at Dr.cross's office, he said he looked great. He weighs 5 lbs 3 oz. We don't go back for 10 weeks. Not sure what this crazy mom will do not having him weighed all the time. Well another typical day today for Mr. Austin. For his 11:30am feeding and the 2:30pm feeding with the feeding therapist he acted as if he had never nippled before. I was so frustrated when I left this afternoon. I came home and after much persuasion from my mom and sister went to the Toby Keith concert with my parents and Brian, Melissa and Greg. While on the way to the concert we called to see how Austin did at the 5:30pm feeding. The nurse said he nippled the entire feeding. Of course that made me happy, but I was careful not to get too excited because it was just one feeding. Sure enough, when we called back on our way home from the concert he had gone back to his old tricks and took basically nothing at his 8:30 feeding. He only took 4 out of the 25ml's. I don't think that child will ever eat. One of the nurses asked him last night if she was going to have to go to prom with him to clean out his feeding tube for his dinner. (some days I wonder)!! I was glad to get out this evening, it was much needed. Shelly, one of my best friends, watched Calvin. She said he did great. I am so thankful to have such great help and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment